Gold Coast Smoke Alarms
New Smoke Alarm laws effective from 1 January 2017 apply to new domestic dwellings and rental properties, including properties that are undergoing substantial renovations, rental, and existing properties. New laws state smoke alarms must be:
- Photoelectric type only.
- Hard wired to the electricity supply.
- Interconnected to every other smoke alarm in the house.
- Installed in each bedroom.
- Installed in hallways serving each bedroom, and
- Installed in the exit path of every storey not containing bedrooms.
At SGS Electrical And Data we always put safety ﬁrst and believe you should to. Give SGS Electrical And Data a call today to bring your home up to standard so you can sleep easy knowing you are protected.